Eat Well and Sleep Better in Hondarribia
The Rio Bidasoa is a small hotel in Hondarribia ideal for those suffering from sensitive stomachs and allergies. Their ability to meet these needs is based on the gastronomical approach of their restaurant, Sugarri. This magnificent restaurant is run by Bixente Muñoz, a great chef always on the lookout for new sensations, innovative spins on traditional menu items earning a number of prizes in multiple pincho competitions. Bixente has been recognised in several international publications, including The New York Times.
The hotel boasts spacious, hypoallergenic rooms, decorated in a minimalist style. If you suffer from allergies, the Hotel Rio Bidasoa offers special “Green” rooms. The system implemented in “Green Rooms” includes:
- A selection of rooms that satisfy the appropriate conditions needed to prevent the presence of allergens.
- The Regular Removal of dead skin cells, dust mites, mould spores, animal dander and other allergens.
- Appropriate settings for temperature and humidity, as well as other environmental conditions.
- A reduced number of surfaces and objects that might collect dust.
- Treatment of surfaces and objects with vacuum cleaners with HEPA filtres
- The use of sheets, pillowcases, comforters and other objects with small pore sizes and suitable materials to avoid the presence of allergens.
- The development of a guide to ideal hygienic practices to control allergens while cleaning the room, the sheets, pillowcases and comforters.
- Ventilation of the rooms.
- Control over the presence of animals.
- Input pollen control.
This dual sensitivity to gastronomical and allergy sensitivities help make this location stand out as an authentic example of a responsible hotel.